CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

"The Christmas Cottage" by Samantha Chase

Okay, the holiday's are almost over and we've hit the one month mark since the release of "The Christmas Cottage".  As an indie author, this has been a very exciting month.  I mean, I never in my wildest dreams thought that I'd sell a whole lot of copies; I thought if I hit a thousand, it would be amazing.  After all, my first book, "Jordan's Return" really only sold a little over 100 copies.

So imagine my complete and utter surprise that at the one month mark, I've sold almost 7,500 books!  WOW!  Who knew?  I am not going to lie to you, it's a lot of work and I've met all kinds of authors who have had various degrees of success and it doesn't matter if they are traditionally published with big name (or any name) publishers or self published.  The key is in the marketing. 

This particular book has a limited shelf life due to the fact that it is set on Christmas and not many people are wanting to read a Christmas story in the Spring.  I've had to hit the promoting hard and fast and really, I kind of shot myself in the foot a little bit on this one because I released it so quickly that there wasn't any time to build up any hype and get some professional reviews done on some of big book review sites out there before Christmas.  Most sites have me on a waiting list and that's going to put the book getting reviewed somewhere around the end of February.

Not good.

I've set small goals for myself as we've gone along.  Sell a thousand books.  Sell twenty-five hundred books, five thousand...etc.  Then it was getting in the top 100 list on Amazon, then the top 50, top 30 until I hit the top 10.  I did that on Christmas Eve.  It was pretty darn exciting.  Now my goal is to hit 10,000 sales by New Year's.  Baby steps.  It's all about baby steps...

Just need to take them really fast before my window closes.

So here's the thing, I really want and need people to spread the word.  I need help getting the word out about the book - it's only a .99 cent download on Kindle, Nook and Smashwords.  I need "likes" on Amazon.  I mean, 7,500 sales and only 81 people clicked like...I have 36 reviews (most are positive, two are just nasty).  

HELP!  HELP!!  HELP!!!

So if you are looking to do a good deed, help a struggling Indie Author achieve her dream of ending 2012 on a high note!  Go to Amazon and click on "The Christmas Cottage".  If you haven't already, download the Kindle version or send it to a friend!  Click "Like", leave a cheery little note (I cry easily).  Let's celebrate the success of the little book that could!

Thank you again for all of your help!  Let's show some of those big name publishers what they are missing and that you don't need to spend a fortune to have a best seller.

I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas and here's to some successful book selling as we prepare to say farewell to 2012!!

No comments: