CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 21, 2012

Ebook Readers: Fill up on bargain books and enjoy the weekend!

As we are approaching the final countdown to Christmas, hopefully most of us are done with our shopping and preparations.  Maybe you are getting ready to travel or maybe you're the one hosting the festivities this year.  Either way, it is important to take some time for yourself and sit and relax.  

What I have loved most about my Kindle is that I can go through the lists of Free books on Amazon and really load up my reading list essentially for nothing.  I also look at books that are under $3 because really, you can't buy a paperback for less than that these days.  So I get a variety of books to read and spend less than I would on possibly one or two books.

There are so many titles to choose from and not all of the ones that I've chosen (particularly from the free list) were memorable, however, I'm never disappointed when I take time to sit down and read.  Plus, and this is definitely true if you are traveling, it's nice to have the convenience of all of those titles in one compact place rather than lugging around four or five paperback in your carry-ons or luggage.

We spend so much time prepping for the holidays and running around that we don't take time to actually slow down and ENJOY the holidays.  I don't know about where you are right now but here in North Carolina it is very cold and the wind is fierce!  Once I am done blogging, I am curling up in my big comfy chair and reading.  If we were traveling, I would be curled up in my hotel room right now - with the Kindle - and reading.  

I'm a book nerd.  I admit it.  I was astounded to learn that I am friends with several people who do NOT like to read!  It was shocking!  I love spending my free time reading.  If I'm not reading, then I want to be writing.  Why?  So that I have something that I enjoy to read...to read!  I'm a freak, sorry.

So when you're searching for something to read to fill the void on that holiday trip or to help you kick back and relax after a day of cleaning, shopping and prepping, consider this:  be done with the Fifty Shades books.  Seriously, that series is killing me.  It's a bit sick and repulsive and it is EVERYWHERE on every book list.  Enough already!  Look at what Amazon recommends under the genre that you are looking for and don't forget to give some new authors a chance.

In the last year I discovered several new authors whose books I have thoroughly enjoyed - they are all contemporary romance/women's fiction writers but their books are very enjoyable:  Kristan Higgins, Jill Shalvis, Shannon Stacey, Robyn Carr... LOVE these ladies and their writing and it was exciting to find myself on the best seller lists with them!

Don't knock the indie authors or those who aren't so well known.  You never know what you may be missing!  You would be surprised how many great books there are out there that don't cost a fortune.  If you bought an ebook reader for someone or you get one yourself this year, you will have thousands of fabulous books to choose from that are under $3.00 - and really, NO ebook, no matter who the author is, should cost more than that!

We are heading in to the end of the first month of sales of "The Christmas Cottage" and my goal is to hit the top ten in women's fiction and the top 100 in Kindle sales.  My current standing has me at #13 in women's fiction and #138 in Kindle sales.  If you are looking for a great stocking stuffer for the romance reader in your life, "The Christmas Cottage" would make a great gift!  Only $6.99 in paperback.  We're looking to hit 100 "Likes" on the Amazon page and...as a special gift for anyone who's read this far...

I will give a Kindle version of "The Christmas Cottage" to the first TWO people to comment on the blog that they shared the link on their Facebook page!  So leave a comment here with the link to your Facebook page and show that you've shared the love and you'll get a FREE ebook copy of the book.

Ho-ho-ho...

No comments: