CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 8, 2011

I think we should get an adjustment, don't you?

About a month ago I went on a rant about Time Warner Cable and how after one storm all of our digital stuff got whacked out.  The cable box got fried, we were without a phone for 24 hours but remarkably, still had internet.  Go figure.

Well it's stormy here in North Carolina this week, folks and yesterday, even though it wasn't a BAD storm, we lost our phone service and nothing else.  So we did the on-line chat thing and were told that a serviceman would be here on Friday.  That was essentially going to be 36 hours of no phone service.  Okay, fine, we don't have a choice.

Early this afternoon, the phone came back on all by itself.  Yippee, right?  Well, six hours later another storm hit - this one was pretty scary and severe - and BAM, no phone again.  Of course we had already canceled our appointment because our phone was back on and we didn't want to be charged for a repair visit that we didn't need.  

Only now we do.  

I am beyond frustrated.  Basically, in the less than two months that we have had the digital service we have been without our phone for a total of three days (and at this point I'm being optimistic that the phone will come back on it's own tomorrow at some point).  Do we get compensated for all of this loss of phone time?  Do we get any kind of rate adjustment for crappy service?

I want to rant, rave and basically tell TWC that they suck but I kind of enjoy the cable service.  I would LOVE to get rid of the home phone but oddly enough, at the same time, it is like a security blanket.  I don't particularly love cell phones and so right now I am losing my mind without my home phone.  

Why would only the phones go out??  I just don't get it!!  Anyone have a better grasp of this than I do???

1 comment:

Ruth said...

We have a bundle package with Verizon and the phone service came with a digital voicemail thing...weird thing is, sometimes when we get calls the voicemail picks up and sometimes it leaves the regular answering machine to do it. It's a pain because with the voicemail you can't hear the person leaving the message or pick up the phone while they're leaving it and talk to them. Still trying to figure out how to turn the darned thing off.