CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 3, 2011

I guess I'm not THAT emotional...

Okay, so there was another royal wedding this week.  There was zero coverage compared to Will and Kate but it was a big deal, nonetheless.  

Basically, Prince Albert II finally got married.  He's kind of a sleazy royal, in my opinion.  He's got two illegitimate children and rumors abound that this marriage is merely a business deal to secure a legitimate heir to the throne.  

Ah...romance.

So there were rumors all over the place that his bride-to-be tried to "escape" but was brought back to Monaco to go through with the wedding and there is one particular picture of her - and she is beautiful, by the way - on her wedding day crying.

Now, in this case, there could be a very REAL reason why she's crying - like she doesn't want to marry this guy and is being forced to.  But I never understood the whole bride-crying-on-her-wedding-day thing.  I mean, I was PSYCHED to get married.  I practically dragged my dad down the aisle I was so excited.  Brides to be?  BE HAPPY!  Your wedding is supposed to be a good thing!

Why do they cry?  I mean, I cry at some pretty silly stuff (commercials with sad looking animals) but on a day that is supposed to be joyful, why the tears?  I just don't get it.  

I can only hope that the new Princess Charlene was just one of those silly, sappy brides and really not there against her will.  THAT would be a reason to cry.

Here's to being silly and sappy... 

No comments: