CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 1, 2013

A Response from Amazon

So after five days of struggling with Amazon and trying to find answers as to why there is no "like" button and why can't they seem to diagnose this problem, I received this response from them today:

Hello,

I do understand your concern.

From time to time, we test both new and existing features on our website to determine which characteristics or services drive customer purchases and satisfaction. We're currently testing website.

During these test periods, certain aspects of our website will function or appear differently to randomly selected customers, or to the same customer using another computer or browser. We're continually fine-tuning our presentation to provide our customers with the greatest value, selection, and information for their online purchasing decisions.

However, if you're facing difficulty after next 2 business days, I'd suggest you contact us via chat or phone for live troubleshooting, please understand that issues like this cannot be resolved over email. I hope you'll understand our limitations in this regard. 
 

I don't know about you, but I'm not sure how much I believe it.  I mean, it would be GREAT if this was the only issue and come Sunday I could go back to sending people over to "Ever After"'s book page and ask people to click the "like" key and try to get some movement on the charts. What I don't like about this whole thing is that we, the Amazon sellers, author's, etc. whose business this "Test" period disrupted, there was no warning.  Had I known that THIS week they were going to be testing on the site, I would NOT have released a book with Amazon holding the exclusive rights to it!  I would have waited the week and released it next Monday.

I think this is just another case of the big guy doing it's best to hold the little guy down; keep him in his place.  As an Indie author with an agreement with Amazon through its Kindle Select program, and with Amazon taking the major percentage of my sales, should I not have been given the common courtesy of a heads up?

Are they telling the truth?

Will Sunday bring any big changes?

The remainder of that email gave me the phone numbers to call if there is still a problem and believe me, if all is not right by Sunday afternoon, I will have a whole team of people calling Amazon and demanding that something be done.

Only time will tell.


No comments: