CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Oh, Yeah...I've Got a Marathon in Three Months!

Okay, but to be honest, it's a HALF marathon and I am walking it, not running it. But still, thirteen miles is a big deal and it does require some training.

I've been doing water aerobics for two months now with some treadmill walking and some Walk Away the Pounds DVD's thrown in, but now it's time to get serious. I got an actual half-marathon training workout from Prevention magazine that I will be following. It has me scheduled to start actual training in two weeks but I think I am going to try and ease in to it before going at it full steam.

As of right now I am walking with ease at a 15-minute mile. At that rate I will finish the marathon in just the right amount of time without the bus coming to get me. But wouldn't it be nice to get there a little bit BEFORE I even see the bus coming around the corner? I mean, I'm not trying for any award or to set some great time, but I just think that it would be nice to finish without the anxiety of "Oh, no! Is that THE bus coming up behind us?" Who needs that kind of stress? Not me!

So today it's water aerobics. Tomorrow will be a 4-mile walk. Wednesday, water aerobics, Thursday, cross training, Friday, a 4-mile walk and I will take the weekend off. I know there are some of you out there who probably are looking at that and scratching your head like "What kind of wacky training is that?" For now, it's mine. I'm just trying to have fun with all of this.

Think endurance, friends! Pray for the 12 minute mile to come to me with ease!

8 comments:

A.Marie said...

Your training for the marathon reminds me of my Jane Fonda aerobics days, "feel the burn, come on, feel the burn."

Or, like one of my roomate's exercise record said, "Work it, Baby, work it!" LOL

Becki said...

Good for you!! Sending you lots of 12-minute thoughts ;)

Lola said...

Good luck to you!

A Lil Enchanted said...

I'm tired just thinking about it... my butt is glued to this chair...

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

carol at A Second Cup said...

the .1 mile is not to be forgotten. it will be the longest/shortest . in your life

Stacy Uncorked said...

Your training 'regime' actually does sound like fun! Not for me, though, running and I had a falling out years ago and I've never reconciled. ;) Sending lots of good thoughts and well wishes your way! Looking forward to reading your progress - and all about the marathon itself! :)

anne said...

I have a relative whose until now is up to marathon and she received so many awards and prizes because of that, she is near 40 plus and until now she still so fit and so energetic, recently she won again anyway, i bet this is so much fun, sending you lots of thoughts, good luck.

Becki said...

I'm back again - there's an award for you on my blog :)