CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 30, 2012

When did comedy stop being funny?

I love a good comedy.  I love to laugh.  I have a few shows that I watch each week because they make me laugh. This TV season has been a little disappointing for me because, well, TV just isn't as funny as it used to be.

I have been a huge fan of "How I Met Your Mother" and this season has been a BIG disappointment.  I wish they'd just name the mother and end the show.  Now I'm invested and no matter how much the episode's disappoint or depress me, I have to stick with it to the end and find out who the mother of Ted's children is going to be.  

If you're a fan of the show, maybe you know what I'm talking about.  A lot of the story lines this season have been out and out depressing.  It's gotten this way maybe the last season or two with parent's dying to infertility and friendship's ending...I want to be ENTERTAINED.  It's a comedy, not a drama!  

Please, comedy writers, make me laugh.  I desperately need to laugh!!  Life is so dang serious most of the time and I really look forward to having 30 minutes of mindless entertainment to just feel silly.  Save the drama for...the dramas.  Bring back the laughter!!!

No comments: