CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 14, 2010

Life after graduation...

I feel like today is officially the first day that I am back to normal.  So much of the last nine months has been spent planning and thinking and thinking and planning for graduation that now I kind of don't know what to do with myself.  

My house looks amazing.  I mean, in the almost 15 years that we have lived in this house, it's the first time that I actually LIKE driving up to it because it looks so nice.  With the exception of the bathroom, the rest of my house looks good too and has been cleaned within an inch of it's life and so we're just maintaining.  I've gotten all of our pictures developed and am already planning what my graduation scrapbook will look like BUT I have no money for that right now.

Frank has been out of work now for a couple of weeks and I have to tell you, after doing all of these home improvements and hosting a kick-ass graduation party and weekend we DESPERATELY need for him to be working.  He's pretty laid back about it because he knows that he has work...in JULY.  Me?  I'm freaking out.  I am steadily losing my mind with each passing day.  Not a good feeling.  

Michael is tracked out for a month and he is at camp this week.  We had to be there at 8:00 this morning and I pick him up at noon and it is hot like fire outside.  I slathered him in sunscreen and can only pray that he will not come home like a tiny lobster.

I went back to Weight Watchers this morning after a two-week ban, I mean, hiatus, and actually lost a half a pound.  Not too shabby considering that I ate everything that wasn't nailed down this last week including icing from a can.  Not one of my prouder moments, I can tell you that!

So here I sit eating grapes while Frank is folding laundry and I'm waiting to jump on the carpool line for camp pickup.  I don't think this was the way life was quite supposed to be...

2 comments:

jenn said...

I want to know your secret to getting Frank to fold the laundry!

carol at A Second Cup said...

Me too. Dave thinks laundry magically appears on hangers.