CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oh, Way too much food (but I ate it anyway)...

Trip day two was a day of the feast. All the live long day. Was I that hungry? No, not particularly. It was just that it was all SO good! The morning started out with a black and white cookie. A somewhat small one but that is a big no-no for me for breakfast no matter what my life situation (Diet or no diet). But I ate it anyway.

We then went to a local deli (which they do not have down where I live) and we purchased $50 worth of food to take to grandma's for lunch. I ate 3/4 of a pastrami and melted swiss on a garlic toasted hero and a LOT of NY Potato salad. Was I that hungry? No, but it was so good, I couldn't stop. We got back to mom's, still felt full, but oh look, Drakes cakes. Well, we don't get those back at home so I had to have a pack of Ring Dings. And milk. Now I'm full. Really full. Really, really full. We were going to a friends house for dinner and we had like 3 hours to kill so I figured I'd be well digested by that time. Well, in walks my sister who procede's to hand me this giant bag with a big styrofoam take out plate in it and a small paper bag. I walk over to the table and what is inside?

**If you've read this blog site from the get-go, you will understand why this next part is SUCH a big deal**

Lobster. TWO lobsters. With freshly drawn butter, a bib, some baked clams and fries. The fries were not mine but I gave them about a nano second of my time before my focus went back to the lobster. She bought my husband a tray, a large tray, of blue clawed crabs. All freshly cooked. I was shocked. I was thrilled. I was really full but you know for darn sure that I was eating! So I ate one whole lobster my self and you know what? IT WAS WORTH IT!!!
By the time we got to dinner at Vinny's, I thought I was going to burst. There was an Italian feast waiting for us that I did partake in but in very small amounts. How do I feel right now, the next morning? So not worth it!

No comments: