CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Life, Love and Losers

Life is crazy.  Am I right?  We are just moving forward at warp speed it feels like and yet somehow nothing feels like it's getting done!  My boy leaves for college in a week!  A WEEK!  I thought we had everything planned; I know I did.  The boy is packing, I've booked the hotel and am making sure that everyone will have what they need and all my husband really needed to be "aware" of was the fact that we needed to rent a trailer to hitch to the back to our little SUV.

Clearly, somehow he missed the memo.

So now we are trying to do the math on what exactly we CAN tow with our lightweight SUV and you'd think that we were doing rocket science!  I still don't know if we can hitch the damn trailer and we are picking it up in FIVE DAYS!!!  For real???

Oh, and did I mention that there are no cargo vans available to rent for a 100 mile radius??  Will we get the boy up to school?  No one knows.

Book sales are still chugging along and reviews - from people I don't know (take THAT Amazon!) are coming in and they have been very encouraging.  I'd have to say that the number of daily sales has cut in half but at least there are still sales!  I am amazed because today I compared the two BIG sites that I'm selling on - Amazon vs. Barnes & Noble - and they really don't even compare.  I've sold over 12,000 ebooks on Amazon compared to 50 on Barnes and Noble.  So heads up?  The next book may only be coming to you via Amazon.   

I got a very nice surprise today from author extraordinaire, Susan Mallery.  She invited little known authors (like myself) to introduce themselves and put the link to their work on her Facebook page!  She has over 31,000 fans!  And you know what was even sweeter about it?  Her wonderful assistant, Jenel, messaged me personally telling me about it!  I was so glad she did because I hadn't been on Facebook yet and had no idea that Susan had issued the invitation!  So a super big THANK YOU to Susan Mallery for being so gracious today and promoting "The Christmas Cottage"!  Love her!

Tonight was the season premier of "The Biggest Loser".  LOVE.  THIS.  SHOW.  What I don't love?  Watching people vomit.  Seriously?  Do we have to show this?  I understand that it adds to the drama of what that first workout is like but hey, I'm trying to eat some popcorn here and seeing these people throw up is ruining the buttery goodness for me!

There is a LOT wrong with that statement, isn't there?

The new book is coming along slowly.  I can't seem to stay focused.  I KNOW what I want to write, it's all there in my head, but for some reason staying focused to get it all down is just not happening.  I need a whole day of nothing to do to get some serious writing done.  I don't see that happening for at least another month and I just don't have that kind of time.  I have to make some serious decisions this week on how to find time.  There are things that are going to have to be let go and I'm going to have to be okay with it.  

But should any of you have some sort of way of helping me add a couple of hours to my day, feel free to let me know!

No comments: