CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Teaser, a Tumblr and a Thank You

Just when I think I am finally getting the knack of the whole internet and social media thing, something new comes along and suddenly I feel like I am still using a hammer and chisel while writing on a piece of slate.  Good grief is there a lot to learn!  I barely know how to use my iPhone and my computer is 8 years old and I am barely even wanting to know about anything new because as soon as I think I've got it all figured out, something new will come along and once again I'll be in the dark.

I have been charging forward with all kinds of internet marketing and promo stuff and I felt pretty good with the whole thing. I have the blog, I have a website, I've got a Facebook page, a Twitter account, I'm on Pinterest and Google+ but the other day I was out with my now-21 year old child and he's like "you should totally be on Tumblr".

Tumblr?

Really?

Like it's not enough that I have no idea what he's talking about but when I looked it up and saw the spelling I wept for our youth.  What in the world??  Can someone please explain the spelling of that word to me?  

*Note: For those of you interested, visiting time at the old-folks home is between 5 a.m. and noon - then I go down for a nap.

So I had to admit to my cluelessness and he promised that once he got settled at school that he would set one up for me and this would be HUGE for my book promotions.  Sure, we'll see.  Everything that has "guaranteed" me huge success for my book has fallen short of my expectations.  

Today I got a very sweet note from one of my dear aunts.  It was just a quick note telling me that she's proud and that she loves me and that she thinks that it's wonderful that we're experiencing some success.  I cried.  I literally cried when I read that because there are many CLOSE relatives that haven't said a word to me about the book's success.  I thought that it was amazing that my aunt took the time to just send me a note that was just so encouraging to me!  Don't you love getting a little uplifting surprise like that in your in-box?

I've received so many kind words of support from people that I barely know!  I had the opportunity to meet some great people last week at my cousin's house and one great lady friend requested me on Facebook and then promoted my book on her page!  She wasn't looking for anything in return, just wanted to be encouraging.  Love that!

I reached out to a fellow Indie author - Noelle Adams.  She's written three novella's and I've enjoyed them all - and so I reached out to her on Facebook and asked if she'd be interested in a little cross promoting and so she promoted "The Christmas Cottage" on her page and liked my author page, while I did the same for her with her newest release, "One Night With Her Bodyguard".  If you're looking for more novella's (until my next one comes out in March!), then check out Noelle Adams works.  She's wonderful!

So the next book - yet to be titled - is going to be released (hopefully) by the first week of March.  Want a sneak peak?  Here's a tiny peak:
 

When Ava Callahan walked away from her fairytale wedding, it was in search of her true happily ever after.


She hadn’t counted on it coming searching for her.

Keep watching here for more peaks at Ava's story!




No comments: