CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Quality customer service...

So I got a new Kindle Touch for Christmas.  It was one of those gifts that I really didn't think that I wanted but now that I have it, I totally love it.  So I've put a bunch of books on it and it took almost a whole month of serious ready before I had to re-charge.  

So I plug it in to the computer to charge it and this morning I go to start it up and do some reading and it froze on my library page.  Okay, fine, I reboot it.  It does the same thing - it starts but freezes on the library page.  I go to the computer and research all of the troubleshooting issues for the Touch.  I find nothing about what it specifically going on with me.

Okay, fine, now I have to chat with an Amazon Kindle person.  I'm not fond of the online chat but I had things to do and not a lot of time so I figured this was the way to go.  I started the chat at 9:45 a.m. and did not get done until almost 11:00 a.m.  During that entire chat time, I not only worked on my Kindle with a super nice guy named Luis, but I did two loads of laundry, took a shower, did my hair and make up, put in my contacts and made lunch.  Luis was very understanding of every time I had to walk away from the computer for those 5 minute tasks.  The five minute shower was a new personal record!

So after I deal with all of my stuff and try everything that sweet little Luis offered, it turns out that my Kindle is defective!  Can you believe it?  Not even a full-month old and it's a bust!  I was a little freaked but Luis assured me that this was not a problem and promptly shipped out a NEW Kindle to me - using next day shipping - and I have to ship my broken one back.  I almost hated to ask what this was going to cost me because I don't have a receipt for the Kindle (Frank didn't save it) and now they upgraded me to the next day shipping and you know what?  

IT WAS ALL FREE!

Now, all I have to do is wait for my new Kindle to arrive, box up the old one and voila!  Done!  BIG round of applause to Amazon customer support.  You guys totally rock!!

No comments: