CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Keep those pictures in a drawer, for crying out loud!

So has this ever happened to you?  You go to an event, you take pictures, you get them developed and then put them in a photo album?  Sounds normal, right?  What could you possibly have to argue about with such a situation?  Well, I'll tell you...

I have been in scrapbooking mode for the last two weeks.  While Nick was away, it was a way for me to have something to do so that I wasn't obsessing about where he was and what he was doing.  So I had scrapbooked the pictures from a wedding we went to back in October where Nick was a groomsman (it was his girlfriend's sister's wedding) and then I did the pictures from the photo shoot that Nick and Beckah had when they were up in the mountains helping her aunt out (who is the nutritionist and for her wellness retreat) and then, finally, our pictures from Thanksgiving when we went back to the same aunt's house in the mountains.  The second album was from graduation.  All 240 pictures from graduation.

Still sounds normal, right?

This has turned in to a great source of angst in my home.  Why?  Because Frank feels that I am already treating Nick and Beckah as if they are married because I have these photo albums that are primarily THEM.  He's like "What if they break up?"  So what does that mean - that I should NEVER take pictures because they might or might not be together ten years from now?  What's up with that?  If that's your mind set then I guess I should never take pictures of anyone but the four of us because the rest of the world is just too unpredictable!  Seriously!  I guess you shouldn't take pictures at weddings because, hey, they might get divorced.  Don't take pictures at birthday parties because you may not be friends with these people somewhere down the road! 
 
Frank has argued that I'm taking it the wrong way and that he's not saying that but he has no other way to describe what he's trying to say.  My point was that these pictures document NICK'S life!  He was IN the wedding party, he HAD a professional photo shoot done, HE graduated!  I mean, somewhere in the conversation it seemed that it didn't bother him that I TOOK the pictures, just that I was putting them in nice scrapbooks.  Maybe I should just take the pictures, develop them, and then cram them in a drawer and never look at them again!  Honestly, the man makes me crazy!

Why are men so weird???

No comments: