CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 12, 2010

The voices that won't let me sleep!

So it was a pretty eventful Monday and I'm not really liking it!  First, things went great at court for Nick - they dismissed the case and he didn't have to pay a dime.  PRAISE THE LORD!!

I gained two pounds.  Sure, I had it coming.  There was the McDonald's Angus Deluxe with fries, a 4-piece chicken nuggets, a coke AND the hot fudge sundae that I had for dinner last Wednesday night with Michael AFTER I had a spicy chicken sandwich with cole slaw and a side salad (also with a coke) from Chic-Fil-A for lunch with Nick!  For those of you who are wondering?  That was NOT on the Weight Watchers plan!

Day two of school went well.  The boy did his homework without major complaining so that, in my book, is a victory.  The bus situation?  I'm still not impressed.  I don't think I mentioned this but because of stupid budgeting, there aren't enough busses this year and so the elementary school (where Michael goes) and the middle school (which is on the same property) now have to SHARE their busses.  What this means basically is that the elementary school lets out at 2:40...they release the car pool kids and the YMCA kids and then the bus kids get released at 2:50.  They load their busses and then drive over to the middle school which doesn't release until 3:05.  Now you're waiting for THOSE kids to board the bus before departing school property - approximately 30 minutes after the initial release.  Both Friday and today, Michael has gotten home at 3:40 - an HOUR after his initial release.  I am extending grace in that I am giving the bus driver a week to see if she adjusts to the route, extra kids, etc. but if by Friday he is not getting home any earlier then I have to seriously consider going back to car pooling - which I hate.  

Well, hate is really a strong word.  I have no one to actually "car pool" with - they have all buddied up already and so...the cheese stands alone, so to speak.  So I'll be sacrificing my time to save my boy some time in his day.  That's what mom's are supposed to do, right?


I need to find an agent.  Seriously.  I am writing and writing and writing and would really love to sit down with someone and get some guidance on how to find an agent and to tweak my pitch/query but we are BROKE right now.  Totally and completely broke.  So not going to happen right now.


And speaking of broke...I was going to go away for the weekend with a friend down to Myrtle Beach.  Actually, about 30 miles south of Myrtle Beach but due to finances and other life annoyances, I had to back out of that and I'm NOT happy about it!  


I worked out at the Y on Friday and my butt is STILL sore!


I'm thinking about going back to school.  Clearly no one wants to hire me "as is" and so I'm seriously contemplating that whole "Obama wants moms to go back to school" angle and see what I can do.  I'm meeting with a friend on Wednesday to try and make heads or tails out of the whole shebang.


I am going to be published THREE times on the Magic for Less guest blog.  My first article is up and running and the other two will run at the end of the month.  I won two 5x7 Photopass pictures for our next trip - it's a sweet $25 deal - so yeah, me!


Now to turn on the fan, get under the blankets and pray for sleep...

1 comment:

jenn said...

I was sure I wouldn't sleep last night...we have some money issues around here, too, but thankfully I fell right asleep (when I finally went to bed at 2:30am) and slept until about twenty minutes ago (11:30am). I just decided that my worrying won't change things, and that everything always seems to work out in the end, so why stress about it?

As for the bus? My kids...who are in three different schools...get on the same bus in the mornings. They used to share buses in the afternoon, but two years ago they changed it. But, my older kids are still on the bus for almost an hour.