CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fantasy Post...

Okay, I think we have long-since established that life is pretty sucky right now. To top it off, we're waiting for more snow tonight. Aces. So rather than depress all of you with my tales of woe, we are going to the magical land of make-believe where I describe the life I WISH I was living right now...

First, the weather would be wonderful and Frank would have more work lined up than he could handle. Although he'd have to take time off because I just won that FABULOUS Disney sweepstake that I entered and we're off for a week-long trip to my happy place.

After hopping, skipping and jumping all over Disney World we would come home to find that I had an offer on my manuscript. Could live be any sweeter? Yes, of course it could...Nick would finally get that raise they've been promising him at work for TWO YEARS and start to finally become more financially independent and pay me back the massive amounts of money that he owes me for his cell-phone bill - perhaps he'd even get his own account and get off of our plan!

Our house would be condemned for the lack of insulation and the landlord would be forced to pay us the $14,000 in over-paying that we've done on the utilities here and with that money we could find someplace bigger to live that actually stayed warm in the winter and cool in the summer. A pool would be nice, too.

So what do you think? Too much? I left out that I'd be a size 6 in all of these scenarios because that was just WAY too out there!

Happy Saturday, everyone!!

5 comments:

Lola said...

Why not dream bigger? Winning the lottery or getting a multi-million dollar inheritance from a relative you never knew you had? Then instead of just going to Disney, you could travel the world.

Petula said...

Not unrealistic at all. In my fantasy I wouldn't be dealing with the possibility that my electric will be cut off on Monday for lack of payment, that I'd get the money I need for the mortgage (in addition to money for utilities), I would get an agent for both my children's books and nonfiction. You'd be the size 6 and I would be an 8. A toned 8 and we would be able to visit each other every other month and go on a shopping trip. Not a spree, but just regular shopping 'cause we have money to buy our household stuff and it's more fun to do together.

Jen said...

Dream big, go for a size four. Europe and a whirlwind book tour.

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

I think it sounds perfect to me - especially that Disney win, lol

Grampy said...

It all sounds good to me. Dreams are what life is made of. Of course I agree you need to expand a bit. A lot more money. Also a lot more travel.
Happy Valentine's Day.