CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Thankful Heart I Give...

Fourteen years ago, I moved away from the only life I had ever known for a chance to start over. I had never lived more than fifteen minutes away from my family and didn't realize how dependent I was on their precence until I moved away. But God had a bigger plan for me and has shown me how wonderful life can be.

I am sitting here a thankful woman today. Why? Because A.) I have a God who loves me. B.) I am married to a wonderful man who loves me for who I am, unconditionally. C.) I have the BEST friends ever. D.) I have a roof over my head and food on the table. E.) I have a place to come (here) where I can vent my hopes, fears, dreams, rants, etc. To say that life is good would be an understatement.

I'm focusing on the positive right now because for the past month there has been a lot of negative in my life and I was starting to let it get the best of me. I am doing my best to overcome that because I refuse to give the victory to someone who has no kindness in their heart. I am chosing to focus on love, not hate. I am chosing to build up, not tear down.

I pray that I hold on to this mantra and don't let the bad stuff get me down. Keeping myself this far away from the negative forces just once again shows me how God knew exactly where I needed to be and why I ended up living here where I do now. How cool is that?

Life is good friends.

8 comments:

Sherri said...

Beautifully said! I needed to read something this inspirational today. Thank you:)

Unknown said...

very good attitude to have stace and something that we all should do. be thankful for what you do have and focus on that and more will follow. have a wonderful day sweetie!

Unknown said...

Good for you! It's so easy to let the negative take over, I'm so glad you aren't.

Roo said...

Very good attitude Stace! I only wish I could take the same attitude...HOWEVER, you have inspired me to try!!!

Take care my friend and have a GREAT day!!!

Roo ;-)

A.Marie said...

Great Post!! In fact, I blogged about it, and included a link to your blog. If everyone reads this, they will see why we all love you! :)

Lola said...

Email me and I can email you the code.

lolasdiner@yahoo.com

A Lil Enchanted said...

You are truely blessed Stace! Staying positive brings even more positive things into our lives... so keep that positive energy flowing :)

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Dorothy said...

I'm sending you good thoughts to get you through this sad time in your life. If it will help we all have those times and your right often good friends will see you through it.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com