CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Not Just a Romance Writer...

You know, it's kind of nice to not be locked in to any one type of writing.  For most authors I've seen them go from writing romance to writing mysteries and thrillers, from righting light, fluffy romances to more in-depth novels with a romantic element.

I'm not there yet.

For me, I have always been a romance writer at heart.  I started messing around with it in high school and then let it go for years and then messed around with it again in my thirties and now here I am in my forties and making it happen.  But along the way, particularly in the last ten years or so, I got in to TEACHING writing.  I taught creative writing to middle school kids and high school kids who were homeschooled and I loved it.

I had created my own curriculum that I used but I stopped teaching about two years ago and still had all of these lessons on my computer.  So what did I do?  Well, I decided to start self publishing them too!  They were just sitting there not getting used and so basically, most of the work was already done; all I had to do was organized the files into a workbook format and upload them to CreateSpace.

There will be a total of four workbooks in the Creative Writing Series and this weekend I released the first two - Introduction to Creative Writing and Developing Your Character in Creative Writing.  The next two which will be released next month will be The Art of Dialogue Writing and then Introduction to Fiction Writing.  Each workbook is $9.99 each and as of now they are only available through CreateSpace but by the end of the coming week, they should be available through Amazon as well.  I will put the link out there once that happens.  For now you can order Intro to Creative Writing HERE and Developing Your Character HERE

So for now, I may not be writing blockbuster novels or doing the crossover genre thing, but I'm pretty darn happy to have my light little romances out there and my workbooks.  But it doesn't hurt to dream, right?

Oh, and while I'm in self-promoting mode (and really, when am I not?) don't forget that Monday is the big release day for "Ever After" on Amazon!!

No comments: