CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Guess Who Got an Agent??

Sure, it took a lot of time.

Sure, it took a lot of work.

And sure, it took a lot of patience.  But guess what?

I GOT AN AGENT!!!

I cannot even BEGIN to tell you the excitement and joy that I am feeling over this!  I mean, I had pretty much given up on the idea of having an agent.  Plus, after doing pretty well with the indie publishing thing, I was actually OKAY with not having an agent.

But now that I HAVE an agent?  I feel like I have arrived.  Like I am a REAL author.  I mean, someone who does this for a living, who has an amazing reputation and KNOWS what sells in the literary world, actually has faith in one of MY books!  How cool is that?  I have a contract with The Seymour Agency and I cannot be more pleased!

The book I had submitted to her was actually a top five finalist in Harlequin Desire's Editor's Pitch Challenge back in 2011.  It was one of the the MOST nerve wracking events of my life!  In the end, Harlequin passed on it and really, at the time, it was probably for the best.  But now?  To have an agent behind it to help with the submission process?  I am breathing a sigh of relief!

I have no idea how long the process will take;  I have no idea how it will all play out.  All I do know is that WOO-HOO!  I have an agent!!!

Here's the blurb for the book entitled "In the Eye of the Storm":


The storm wasn’t only raging outside…

Forced to pick up her demanding boss at two a.m. in the midst of a storm, Holly Abrams quit her job.  Not one to deal with being inconvenienced, Stephen Ballinger refuses to accept.  Forced to be alone together at Stephen’s home to ride out a tropical storm, their relationship turns from a working one to a passionate one.  Holly has always wanted her sexy boss and the weekend is better than all of her fantasies.  Stephen would do anything to make her stay, but is he using seduction to keep his world organized or is this hard-working CEO ready to put some serious work in to a relationship?

EEK!!!  I even had a plan to self-publish this one and this was the draft of the cover that now I cannot even find!  I guess it doesn't matter because I'm sure that they'll want to change it depending on what publisher we sell to.  And you know what?  I am PERFECTLY okay with that!

So be watching here for news on when this all happens!!  Pretty darn exciting!!!