CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 22, 2008

Blah, Humbug...

I feel a little like Charlie Brown right now. I know that it's Christmas and that I should be happy, but I'm not. I can't pin-point any one reason for it, I'm just feeling blah.

Blah.

None of my plans have gone according to...plan, you know? My teenager is making me crazy, my eight year old is mellow and agreeable only because he is punished and cannot watch TV or play video games, my husband is out of work...I mean, I know there are REASONS but they are the norm around here and therefore should not have this deep sense of disappointment over me. We are having a dessert open house on Christmas Eve and the number of attenders is dropping by the minute. Our friends who we normally have over for Christmas dinner decided to host this year and we were invited as an after-thought. We're going, I don't have to cook, so this could be seen as a good thing and yet...Blah.

Blah.

I have one last gift to buy. Just one. I still don't know what it's going to be but it has to be purchased tomorrow. I used to love to Christmas shop, but not so much this year. This year I'm in "Holy Cow, can we afford to spend this dollar" mode. Not a fun mode to be in, that's for sure. But, one bright spot in my blah life right now is that I am going to get my eyebrows waxed tomorrow. That's right, I am feeling the pinch with Christmas gift-giving but gosh darnit, my eyebrows are going to look FABULOUS!

What was that old Saturday Night Live saying "It's better to look good than to feel good"? That's my motto right now. I can't even work up the umph to say it with Fernando's accent. Without that, it just sounds...blah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally got you into my sidebar... it only took hacking up a lung and feeling like crap to make me sit and do it... I am so totally with you on this Christmas thing...thank goodness its about over cause I in a depression about 100 feet deep... that being said... if you would like to go sit in a dark movie theater with cell phones turned off and eat chinese take out from the carton on Christmas let me know.... I'll be the one in the back row with the bag of microwave popcorn in my bag...