CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Stop Talking!

I love my kids, I honestly and truly do.  I love spending time with them, talking with them about their days and hearing what their hopes and dreams are.

I already told you how unprepared I was to see that Michael was seemingly interested in girls.  Every time he talked about this little girl I want to put my fingers in my ears and hum loudly.  Well, it's even worse when it is your almost twenty year old wanting to tell you about the things going on in his life.  

He lives on his own, he has his own life and really, I'm not blind or stupid.  I just do not choose to want to sit and HEAR about it all. OH...MY...GOODNESS.  He was here the other night and after only five minutes I was like "Stop talking!"  He didn't.  I am glad that the boy wants to talk to me and that he wants to share what is going on in his life but clearly, I am not mature enough to hear it.

Any of it.

I may be in my 40's (and we'll leave it at that) but I am either too old or too young to have to deal with this!

2 comments:

wiregems said...

Wow, your almost-grown son wants to share "intimate" stuff with you? You raised him well for him to have that kind of confidence in you! (I know you'll be able to deal with it, just like you dealt with every other *traumatic* part of him growing up!) My son is 11, and I'm hoping he'll show that kind of trust in me when he starts talking about "that stuff". I'm working toward that goal at least! Kudos to you!

MtnGrl said...

I know what you mean. My son was 'in love' with this...under-parented young lady for the better part of last year, till she broke his heart. I comforted him while he cried and said as many wise things as I could think of, but inside my heart was SINGING with joy!!