CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 3, 2012

What Makes a Good Marriage

Today Frank and I celebrate 21 years of marriage.  We've been together a total of 23 years and I can honestly say that we are still in love after all this time.  

Marriage is hard work.  There have been many, many fights, many tears and many times that I just thought it was too hard.  But when emotions simmer down and you take some time to truly think about what's important, you realize that having someone to love who loves you for who you are - no matter how big of a brat you are being - well, that's just about the greatest thing in the world.

I know that I probably say it every year on our anniversary and so I will say it again; God did not bless me with great wealth or a successful dream career  but He blessed me with a great marriage to a man who makes me laugh and smile every day and who gave me two amazing children.

That makes me a truly blessed woman.

Thank you, Frank, for an amazing 21 years of marriage.  You are my greatest love, my knight in shining armor and I don't know where I'd be without all of the love and laughter you have brought in to my life.  Thank you for loving me unconditionally and helping me realize that no matter what other people may think of me, that I am okay.  Your acceptance of me means more that you will ever know; I never knew such a relationship could exist.  I love you and I am excited to face many more anniversaries with you!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding photo is beautiful. I love the flowers and your dress. You both look great now too!

Alison said...

Beautiful!! Happy Anniversary!