CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Week the Music Died...

Although I am a huge 80's music fan (see the previous post), I still loved a lot of the music of the 70's in its disco hayday.  I danced like everyone else to the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack and to pretty much all-things Donna Summer.  Within the last week, the world has seen the loss of Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees and the great Donna Summer.

While a lot of today's music is so different from what these great artists performed, it makes me sad because their music was that of my childhood.  Neither was, in my opinion, old, and both succumbed to cancer.  It just goes to show that it doesn't matter how famous you are or how much money you make, none of us are immortal - only their music will live on forever.

So to these two great artists I say thank you.  Thank you for the wonderful music and memories you have given me and thank you for being the kind of artists that we were proud to listen to and can still put on our iPod's today to enjoy - even with the kids in the car (most of the time!).

Rest in Peace in Rock N Roll Heaven... 

No comments: