CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I'm back...I think....

Lately, I sooooo feel like a hamster on the wheel - constantly on the run but not getting anywhere.  Do you ever feel that way?  I have been working and writing and leaving my comfort zone in so many ways and a lot of it has just let to various forms of rejection.  It's been so long since I've written here, it seems, that I can't remember what I've shared.

So, I got a rejection from Harlequin.  I had a feeling it was coming but the rejection letter itself annoyed be because the editor was like "blah, blah, blah, and this didn't make sense". Well it WOULD have if you READ THE ENTIRE BOOK!  I mean, how many people know EXACTLY how something is going to end by only reading the first three chapters?  As an avid reader, I can honestly say that many books leave be uninterested in the beginning or confused but come together the longer I read and finish them.

Sounds simple, right?

Then I decided to go for another dream - being a Disney travel agent.  Anyone who knows me KNOWS that I know my Disney.  So I did this extensive on-line application where I essentially had to answer 20 questions - and all answers were paragraphs!  And you know what I was told?  I don't have ENOUGH Disney knowledge?  Really?  They aren't even affiliated directly with Disney - they were an independent company who does this.  It seems since my main area of expertise was only on Disney WORLD, I wasn't a good fit for them.

Rejection number two.

My online class that I was taking for me on Synopsis writing has found me hitting a brick wall yet again.  Honestly, I don't know what it is about me and the synopsis process but I can write all flippin day long and love every word I write but tell me to write that stupid synopsis and suddenly there is not a word in my head.  So I emailed the teacher to tell her of my struggles - because the class is coming to an end and I can't seem to finish because I am paralyzed with fear over the writing process - and she essentially told me to get over myself.

Thank you.

So I'm frustrated...annoyed...and all that.  There is still SOOOO much stuff going on here and I am craving the days of a boring routine.  Be careful what you wish for, right?

No comments: