CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

So what's up?

I don't know what in the world is up with Blogger lately but I have not been able to get on to it all day today - from my desktop.  On a lark, I decided to try using my laptop and here I am.  Very, very weird.

I start my new job tomorrow and you know what I realized?  A job is seriously going to cut in to my social life! Smack me, go ahead, I know you want to.  All this time at home has afforded me some amazing friend-time and now that is going to be gone.  Which is not necessarily a bad thing but I am desperately going to miss seeing my friends so freely.  You guys know I love you, though, right?

I went to a BBQ this weekend with the band.  Yes, I actually caved and went to a band function.  So we went, we actually had a good time and although we stayed about two hours longer than I would have liked, it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.  As a matter of fact, we may do something again this weekend - with the understanding that we not make it an all-day event.  

And speaking of the band, they are actually out tonight playing at an open-mic night!  It is about time!  I mean, it's a non-paying thing and they're going to do it again tomorrow night but it is about time that they are actually taking the leap in to performing in public.  It's kind of a cool thing.  I can't wait to talk to Frank in the morning and hear how it all went!

And finally, I have a book review that I did for BlogHer over on their book club site.  It's on the book "A Jane Austen Education" and you can read it HERE.  


Hopefully by tomorrow Blogger will have all of the kinks out and I will be able to post freely from wherever and tell you how my first day back in the working realm went.  Wish me luck!!

                                           

No comments: