CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Job Observations...

Okay, so I am starting to get back in to the swing of things - working in an office environment again.  It's a small office so really, there are no barriers - everyone can see everyone - and only the bosses have their own offices.  

So in this open-air environment I was hit with blazing clarity the ONE thing that I have not missed while out of work - the smell of someone else's left overs.  Man, oh MAN does that smell LINGER in the office long after lunch time.  Now I have openly admitted to being a food snob so really, I am probably a LOT more sensitive than most to this phenomenon but today I honestly thought I was going to be sick at one point.  

I have no problem walking around my own home/environment with Lysol, hell, I have even Febreezed my own kids!  But I think I am too new to the office environment to Febreeze my new co-workers without them taking offense.  It's just too soon.

I have learned that all of the gals in the office want to eat healthy and so there is a lot of "natural" snacks around (watermelon, granola) but me?  I have my bag of Dove dark chocolate in my drawer and let me tell you, I have made some new fast friends!  I'm all for healthy eating and all that but somewhere around three in the afternoon when time has stopped, you just need a little square of yumminess (or three!) to get you through until five o'clock.  That's just the way it is!

Bottom line is that I am honestly settling in and I think that I really like it there.  Today I had a computer problem and all of the girls were on the phone and my boss was walking by (eating some watermelon!) and I called him over and he sat with me and helped me work it out.  I thought that was mighty nice of him.  I realize I am essentially in the honeymoon phase right now but I really appreciate how slowly they are easing me in to it all.

No comments: