CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 23, 2010

And the second doctor said...

So the whole toe thing was freaking me out yesterday. We don't have medical insurance so things have to be serious for us to up and go to the doctor. The CVS here in town has a "Minute Clinic" that is very reasonable and I've used them before so off I went.

The doctor looked at my toe and was like "Huh...that's really strange". Not comforting words from a medical professional. Long story short, she had no idea what was going on, it seemed like bleeding under the skin, no idea why since there are no puncture marks of any kind and referred me to an Urgent Care where they could do an x-ray. She did not charge me for the visit.

Okay, so feeling a little bit better since there was nothing "obviously" wrong, I went and did a little food shopping because we were having company over for dinner. By the time I got home, my toe was throbbing, swollen and nearly black.

Now I'm concerned.

Frank puts me back in the car and we go to the Urgent Care. Doctor number two now comes in and looks at it, thinks it's weird, blah, blah, blah, and decides to do an x-ray. A few minutes later, he comes back, there's nothing there. I've bruised my toe.

REALLY???

Can somebody explain to me how that is even possible when I felt a pinching when I stepped on the mystery object and then swelling? What the hell did I step on? Why would it bruise like this? When I think of bruising, it's normally from bumping in to something ( or something bumping in to me!). I'm so frustrated and $170 later, I still have no answers.

I have to try and stay off of it, take some Advil, call them if it gets worse. Um, I don't think so. I think next time I'll find a non-medical-type person and let them diagnose because clearly, they'd say the same thing and be stumped too.

Stupid toe...

3 comments:

A.Marie said...

Wow! It sounds as if something bit you, like a spider perhaps, but if there is no puncture marks, then that would rule out a bug bite. Weird....

Don't you just love having to pay for nothing?! I think that if a doc has no idea and can't figure out something, then you shouldn't have to pay!! Seriously!!

jenn said...

Oh, that sucks. I hope whatever it is heals quickly.

Stacy Uncorked said...

That sucks! I shattered my big toe once when I dropped a clay pot full of marble rocks on it - it turned an angry purple right away. But stepping on something and having it bruise like that? Total mystery. Poor thing! Hopefully it goes back to normal soon!