CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

ROAD TRIP!

Next month my nephew will graduate from the Marines boot camp down on Parris Island in South Carolina.  Have I mentioned how proud I am of him??  Love that boy!  Anyway, even though we are only a state away, it is a 5 1/2 hour drive.  Yikes!

The plan is that my mom is going to fly in here by me and then we will pick her up from the airport and drive down.  We'll spend two nights and get to visit Justin on base and then attend the graduation service.  I am excited for this on many levels.  First, it's a HUGE accomplishment for my nephew.  He worked so hard to get in to the Marines and here he is, one step closer to his dream.  He didn't let anything or anyone stand in his way and for that I am so proud of him.

Next, Michael LOVES all things Military so to be able to take him on an actual Marine base is going to be very exciting for him.  He is studying already so that he'll be familiar with all that he sees.  Then there's the fact that this is a mini vacation.  Sure it's 11 hours of driving over the course of two days but it's a short break from my life and I am so looking forward to it!  

Now, I just need for February to FLY by so that I can get to March!

No comments: