CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Christmas Cottage video trailer

The Christmas Cottage by Samantha Chase

I am so not a tech-savvy person.  This whole online/internet marketing and promotional stuff that I've been working on for "The Christmas Cottage" has been a roller coaster ride.  Of course, life would be a lot easier if I had a newer computer - ours is almost 9 years old - and it stops responding quite often.  Then I kick the desk, slam the mouse down and use some very colorful vocabulary until it starts moving again.

Anyway, today I decided to dip my toes in to the pool of video making.  Nothing big, mind you, just a 30 second promo for the book.  It was relatively easy (when the computer was working) and for a free web-tool, I think it's just fine.  Next time, next book?  I'll invest a little more time and money in to it.  Since the book is a Christmas story, I'm sort of working against the clock here to get as much sales and promotion going as I possibly can.

I used a site called Animoto and it was very user friendly but their stock of pictures, video and music was comically small.  Luckily I only needed a couple of pictures and those I ended up choosing from free clip art online.  The music was a cute file that they offered and so really, for an hour of my time, I have another little marketing tool to use.  If you click the link at the top of the post you'll be able to see it.

I woke up this morning to great standings on Amazon and really, next week I need to hit the ground running, hard and fast, because with only a week until Christmas, I want to get as much as I can out of the little book that could.  Anyway, at 10:00 this morning, "The Christmas Cottage" rankings were:

#19 on Amazon's Best Seller in Women's Fiction
#26 on Amazon's Best Seller in Contemporary Women's Fiction
#43 on Amazon's Best Seller in Contemporary Fiction

#7 on Amazon's Hot New Releases in Women's Fiction
#7 on Amazon's Hot New Releases in Contemporary Women's Fiction
#8 on Amazon's Hot New Releases in Contemporary Fiction
#32 on Amazon's Hot New Releases in Romance
#18 on Amazon's Hot New Releases in Contemporary Romance AND...
#305 in Kindle downloads!

When we started this little book journey on November 25, we were somewhere around 21,000 in books and to see how far we've come in such a short time, I am blown away.  Absolutely mind blowing.  It is the little book that could!  I haven't sat down to write or work on anything else but that's because all of my free time has gone in to the marketing and promotion for this book.  After Christmas the next story that has been swirling in my brain will have a chance to get on to the computer screen.  

We'll see how well that one goes... 

No comments: