CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Susan Mallery's Summer Nights

I'm not going to lie to you, I liked this one better than the last one.  I know as a cheerleader I shouldn't have a favorite, but I do.  Sort of like in the last trilogy when I enjoyed the second book more than the other two.  So on June 26, Harlequin released book number eight in the Fool's Gold Series, Summer Nights.  LOVED it!

This time around we are witnessing the burgeoning relationship between small-town librarian Annabelle Weiss and horse-whisperer Shane Stryker.  If you've read book 7, you'll know that Shane is Rafe's brother.  Shane is back in Fool's Gold to start a new phase of his life and isn't looking for any complications and after watching Annabelle dance on a bar, he's convinced that she is one.  Little does he know, that little dance was a one-time event and Annabelle is about as perfect for him as they come.

The story is really centered around a large festival (which Fool's Gold is famous for - see the website for some of their most popular events!) and Annabelle needs to learn how to ride a horse.  Enter Shane.  Although they strike up a friendship, it isn't long before they realize that they have so much more for one another.

A GREAT story that had me laughing and kept me thoroughly engaged and turning the pages.   This was a definite favorite and I was sorry to see it end.  Remember, you can learn more about Susan and the Fool's Gold series by visiting SusanMallery.com and joining her Members Only section or logging on to Facebook and liking her page.  This particular cheerleader is in need of some major points - I'm behind this season!  Remember to leave a comment here if you join!

2 comments:

Blessed x3 said...

Summer Nights is a great summer read. Annabelle is caring, a great friend, & so sweet! I love that Annabelle wanted to learn how to ride a horse for her fundraiser for her bookmobile. I don't want to give away anything. I love that there is so many surprises! There is 1 thing that I absolutely love a lot & it has to do with Shane, but I am not going to give it away. Summer Nights is my favorite book in the entire Fool's Gold series! I give 5 stars!

calstephanie said...

Great review! I enjoyed Summer Nights. I thought it was a great read. I loved getting to know Shane and Annabelle as well as the glimpses we got of Charlie's background. I recommend any of the books in the Fool's Gold series to anyone who hasn't tried Susan's books before.