CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 12, 2010

Chick Flick Friday - You've Got Mail


Remember when Meg Ryan was America's sweetheart? This movie was during that era and honestly, I still love watching it even though it is severely dated. Remember when there was only dial up connections for the computer?

Anyway, Meg Ryan stars as the owner of a charming little bookstore that is having to close its doors because of a major mega bookstore is opening up right up the street. Tom Hank's is the owner of said mega-store. Unbeknown to each other, they have met and have a relationship on-line.

Tom Hanks' character, Joe Fox, figures it out soon enough, but because Meg Ryan's character hates him so much because he destroyed her business, he decides to keep it to himself and pursue a relationship with her without the help of the internet.

It's sweet, it's sappy, it's totally predictable but it's another totally feel good, easy-breezy type of movie that is just good to watch with a pint of Ben & Jerry's. While wearing fluffy slippers and your hair up in a pony tail with a scrunchie.

8 comments:

Clairity said...

Loved this movie, too sweet. Think I've watched it more than once and don't mind watching it again :)

jenn said...

I have never watched this movie. I'm just not a big meg ryan fan.

Patricia Rockwell said...

This is a great Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks movie! Like it better than "Sleepless in Seattle"!

tahtimbo said...

Yes, I have to admit that I really like this movie. I happen to have a huge crush on Meg Ryan!

Lynne said...

This is one of my all time favorite movies and I watch it anytime I catch it on tv! It's right up there with Sleepless in Seattle. :-D

A Lil Enchanted said...

Love this movie Stace...

Dropping by for a quick hello :)


A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

David Tamayo said...

I agree with you that this movie was as you describe it; a chick flick. ;o) That being said, I liked it. I have always liked Meg Ryan and From minute one of Bachelor Party, Big, and even earlier Tom Hanks, I have loved his movies. ;o)

kawaii dreamer said...

I really like the love team of Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. They have a real good chemistry...