CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 15, 2010

Chick Flick Friday! - "While You Were Sleeping"



I am a huge Sandra Bullock fan and this movie was really done in her 'America's Sweetheart' phase. If you remember, she had a string of romantic-type comedies and this was a great one.

Bullock stars as Lucy - a fairly happy, everybody's pal, subway token booth employee who fancies herself in love with a handsome stranger that she sees every day but has never spoken to. When she saves his life after he is mugged on the subway platform and he falls in to a coma, she is somehow drawn in to his family who believe her to be his fiancee!

Having no family of her own, she allows herself to be drawn in but finds herself attracted to her "fiancee's" brother played by Bill Pullman. This results in all kinds of awkward moments and by the end of the movie she has to choose between the two and admit that she never was engaged to brother number one! It really is a sweet movie (sometimes a little too sweet) but a great light movie for a night in.

*Today's Examiner.com articles is on homeschool websites that offer freebies. You can read about it HERE. Thanks!*

5 comments:

Patricia Rockwell said...

I agree with you. And Sandra Bullock is really sweet in it.

Nani said...

Stacey- wish we were blessed w/some $$$ and one of us had an awesome bonus room to invite the girls over for GIRLS MOVIE NITE! Oh the dream.....

Marlene said...

This is actually my first film of Sandra Bullock and I fell in love with it and watched it over and over. I became a huge fan and have watched almost all of her films. She's so adorable in this film.

jenn said...

I love her, too. I just watched the proposal today, and Loved it!

Mom of Four said...

I love this movie, I don't get tired of watching it over and over. Miss Congeniality is also awesome, Two Weeks Notice and The Proposal made me laugh so hard. Can you tell that I am a Sandra Bullock fan?