CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 22, 2010

Chick-Flick Friday! - "The Sex and the City" Movie



You know, I so did not get in to this show until it went in to syndication because I did not have HBO but once I caught on, I was hooked. As someone who is from New York, I totally got a lot of the humor that some might not get if they've never lived there.

I didn't quite agree with the things the ladies did but I did find it entertaining. So when the movie came out, I was a little skeptical because really, nothing good ever happens when you turn a TV show in to a movie. Well, this movie was the exception. I was so totally surprised by this one and I really enjoyed it! If you are a fan of "Sex and the City", then you have to see this. If you never watched the show, the movie won't make much sense to you and don't waste your time.

The movie picks up where the show left off so you get to see how everyone's life panned out rather than the 'super happy ending' that you got on the show. With all of the original actors, this was the real-deal. I hear that they're making a sequel. I'm not sure I want to see it because I feel like they're pushing it at this point. Quit while you're ahead, people!



*Today's Examiner.com article is part 3 in the series of 50 states field trips.  You can read about it HERE.  Thanks!*

3 comments:

Megryansmom said...

I DVR-ed it and haven't watched yet.

Wilmaryad O'Scallas said...

I, for one, did the opposite. I watched the movie some 20 times when it came out, last year, but had never watched two episodes altogether of the series.

I loved the movie and when I heard there's a sequel, my curiosity made me watch every episode of all 6 seasons in 10 days! LOL

You're right. The series did set the tone for the movie and, even if the movie starts by summing up the girls' lives, prior knowledge of that helps.

I just wonder what they'll do to Carrie now that she married Big. I've seen a trailer of the sequel and it left me clueless.

Hmmm.

Nice blog, by the way :)

Frugal Vicki said...

I think I have to agree with you to quit while they are ahead. I love the movie, though!