CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Chick Flick Friday! - "Sabrina"


I will admit that I never saw the original but I am a big Harrison Ford and Greg Kinnear fan and so in my opinion, this version is just fine. "Sabrina" is the story of a wealthy family with two brothers - one is a workaholic and the other is a playboy. They live in a huge house on Long Island and the chauffeur's daughter (Sabrina - played by Julia Ormond) has a long standing crush on the playboy brother. When she goes away to Paris for a summer to try to get over him, she gets herself a make-over and upon her arrival home she knocks the playboy off of his feet. The only problem? He is now engaged to someone who the workaholic brother is trying to do business with - well, he's trying to do business with her family and so a broken engagement would wreck the deal.


Harrison Ford plays the workaholic, social misfit Linus Larrabee and he makes it his goal to foil any romance between his brother and Sabrina and soon finds himself falling in love.


It's a very light, enjoyable movie. It's not one of my favorites but when I'm in the mood for something fun to watch that is a non-thinker, this one will do. Enjoy!

*Today's Examiner.com article in on Astronomy Days at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences. You can read about it HERE. Thanks!


3 comments:

Grampys World said...

I love Harrison Ford. But I like his action movies. I think that would be a yawner for me.

Lola said...

Oh you have to see the original. Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart...fantastic. I real classic.

CastoCreations said...

Oh I loved that movie. Never seen the original, but loved the remake. :)