CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 18, 2009

Chick-Flick Friday! "Where the Heart Is"



Okay, so I know that this one is on cable right now a LOT, but I can't help myself, I love it. "Where the Heart Is" is the story of a down-on-her-luck teen (Played by Natalie Portman)who is left stranded and very pregnant by her boyfriend at a Wal-Mart. She ends up living in the store because she has no where else to go and no money and upon giving birth, she sort of has her 15 minutes of fame for having "The Wal-Mart Baby".

Along the way she meets up with a few of the locals who befriend her and this is the story of their relationships as they all become family. The supporting cast which consists of Ashley Judd and Stockard Channing are wonderful. There is a cameo by Sally Field as the mother who stops by in hopes of cashing in on her daughter's brief stint with fame only to end up leaving her quickly.

This is definitely a chick flick because you will alternate between laughter and tears and of course, there is a good love story that, while not the main part of the story, is in there enough to make you sigh. This is a great movie for when you have the night to yourself but unsure of your mood. Enjoy!

*Today's Examiner.com article is on Christmas specials on books through A Beka Books. You can read about it HERE. Thanks!*

4 comments:

Karen said...

I love this movie! So sweet and fun.

jenn said...

I absolutely love this movie! I watch it every time I catch it on television. You and I have such similar taste in movies.

Lola said...

This is one of my partner's favorite mvoies.

hitesh rawat said...

seen this one....it is really good....i started watching Natalie after this movie....this was my first Natalie movie....Joan Cusack too.....big fan of Joan's