CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 4, 2009

Chick Flick Friday! - "The Ugly Truth



Okay, so I rented the movie "The Ugly Truth" starring Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler. I had really wanted to see this one in the movies but never got around to it. I had thought that it looked like a funny romantic comedy/chick-flick and for the most part, I was right.

This movie deals with the different ways men and women view the opposite sex and what we want in a boyfriend/girlfriend. Katherine Heigl's character is a rather uptight, control freak who pretty much writes out a script of how her dates should go. Gerard Butler plays a guy who does a segment on the morning show Heigl produces called (surprise, surprise) the Ugly Truth where he talks about how men are basically dogs and don't really car about what's on the inside, it's all based on looks and what you do with them.

While there are some definite laugh out loud moments, a lot of the humor was kind of crude. I am in no way, shape or form prudish but some of the jokes and comments I could have done without. Would I recommend this movie to y'all? Absolutely. It is funny and I do find Gerard Butler to be kind of attractive in a weird kind of way but if you have a problem with crude humor, prepare yourself. All in all, I'd still watch it a second time.

*Today's Examiner.com article is on the Santa Express! You can read about it HERE. Thanks!*

7 comments:

A.Marie said...

Hey there! I'm loving your chick Flick Friday and awesome pro/con reviews. I do not like crude humor...call me prudish, but it just makes me uncomfortable. So, I am passing on this movie. Can't wait for next Friday's review! :)

Petula said...

I've been wanting to see it as well. I'm glad to hear it was humorous and at least worth it.

jenn said...

I really liked this one. The crude doesn't bother me, seeing as how my favorite movie is the 40 year old virgin.

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

That's a movie I've wanted to see but haven't gotten around to it yet... thanks for the synopsis, I'll definitely get it and make sure I don't watch it when Princess Nagger is around... ;)

Frugal Vicki said...

I have been interested in seeing this movie! I think it is on demand or whatever. I really want to see that new one with Sandra Bullock. Makes me melt even watching the commercials.

Brandy said...

I actually LOVED this movie!!! I agree some comments were for sure crude but I still loved it!

My mom bought it, I borrowed it and I don't want to give it back! LOL

hitesh rawat said...

this one felt a bit stupid to me....got know why Gerard is doing more of romantic movies....

loved Katherine though.....she is good in the movie.....