CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

NaNoWriMo Update!


Okay, so remember how I joined not only the National Blog Writing Month for November? And that I also joined this group - the National Novel Writing in a Month for November? And that I should have my head examined?

Well good news! I finally got started! That's right, I finally got started on the novel. I'm not giving away any details because the main purpose in this is not that this particular story is going to get published but that it gets you writing. You have to have 50,000 words by the end of the month. I didn't actually get started on mine until the 11th. Why? No one knows. I'm a procrastinator, I guess. So that first night, I sat down after putting Michael to bed, Frank was out with band practice and Nick was out picking his girlfriend up at the airport. I had the house essentially to myself. There were no more excuses, I had to get started.

You know what? I typed 3,693 words. That equaled ten pages. The next afternoon I typed some more. I got up to 6,295 words. I typed some more after dinner and hit 10,000 words!! I was so psyched! As of last night, I was at 20,127 words!!

Is this going to be a literary masterpiece? No. Does it feel good to actually be doing this? Yes. Things are going so well in the other areas of my writing that it feels good to get my groove back on with the novel writing. Who knows, I may break out one of my completed manuscripts and start searching for an agent again.

Who knows!

*Today's Examiner.com article is on the National Homeschool Buyer's Co-op. You can read it HERE. Thanks!*

4 comments:

Sherri @ Luv a Bargain said...

I think you should!! Break it out and start calling. You have a gift Stace:)

A Lil Enchanted said...

Way to go Stace... keep those fingers moving and those words flowing!

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Becki said...

Good for you!!

Frugal Vicki said...

Stace, you are truly talented. I REALLY think you should do this!

And when you do.....please start motivating me. I only want to do children's articles and books. that many words is like ten of them!

I want to read EVERYTHING!