CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

NaNoWriMo Complete!!



I did it! I did it!!! I didn't think it was going to happen. For starters, I didn't start until the 11th of the month. Not good. Then the computer crashed. Also, not good. Then I was away for my computer for two days while we were in the mountains - and I was at a crucial point in my story!

But I got home Friday night and wrote for three hours straight and FINISHED!!! Well, the story itself has about another ten pages to go to be totally complete but I finished the 50,000 word word count that is required to be a winner. YEA, ME!!! I got a neat little certificate and some little badges to put here on the blog or on Facebook or whatever else it is that I do on the web that I want people to see this accomplishment.

I'm just so excited. Fifty-thousand words in essentially sixteen days! It's
a wonder that I even sleep with so much to say in my mind! So even though this book will probably never get published and I still don't have an agent, I feel pretty darn proud of myself that I was able to do this.

YEAH!!!

9 comments:

Becki said...

Umm....I'm a dork! I totally meant to put my comment here - good for you!!

Katherine (a.k.a. Katie) Corrigan said...

Well done!!!!!

Nani said...

congrats! it's so nice when you complete something

A Lil Enchanted said...

Congrats Stace!... and give up on that book being published... you just never know...

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

tahtimbo said...

Congratulations!! that's great news. I just finished a few hours ago. So, do we get to read it?

FishHawk said...

Congrats!!!

A.Marie said...

Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment...I am so proud of you! :)

PJ said...

congrats stace! that's a wonderful accomplishment.

Frugal Vicki said...

Awww, Stace!!!!! I am SO SO SO PROUD OF YOU! You are amazing, and completing the goals you set for yourself is SO important (and SO rewarding!) The fact you did it without an agent pushing you is MORE impressive! Pop that champagne lady and post that badge EVERYWHERE! I am proud to say that you are the person that got me started writing again. Look at what I have to aim for!