CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 27, 2009

Chick Flick Friday!

Happy Friday, everyone!! I hope that your Thanksgiving was wonderful. This week's edition of Chick-Flick-Friday is a definite classic and I don't think that you necessarily have to be a chick to truly enjoy it - it's "When Harry Met Sally." Frank and I randomly quote this movie at least once a week.

This movie stars Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal. Okay, so Harry and Sally meet on a day where they are both heading to New York from college and through a mutual friend agree to drive together. They are as opposite as they come - she is neat, he is messy - think the Odd Couple. They say their good byes after an all-nighter drive and you think that that is the end of their story but five years later they meet up again in an airport and share a flight. They still don't like each other. Move forward another five years (and the way that the movie captures the fashions of the time is great) where they meet again
and actually become friends. Best friends.

At a time in life where they have both been dumped (she by her boyfriend, he by his wife) and they find that misery does love company. Their friendship is hysterical and the people around them are priceless. In a favorite scene, they each set the other up with their closest friends. Well, as it turns out, the friends end up liking each other and dump the two of them on a New York street as they run for a cab together! This leaves both Harry and Sally dumbfounded, staring at each other like "What just happened here?" Classic!


I can watch this movie over and over and over again and laugh every
time! For those of you who have seen it, don't you just love Harry's rant about "This stupid, wagon-wheel, Roy Rogers garage sale, coffee table!!!"

Good times.

8 comments:

A.Marie said...

YAY for Chick Flick Friday! Do you know that I have never, ever seen this movie. Seriously! Where have I been all of my life?! HA!~

I finally watched "The Wedding Singer" last night. I have only seen the end of it, so it was fun to watch the whole thing!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Good choice! That's one of my favorites! :)

Anna said...

Hi!
I see you are a member of NaBloPoMo. I am doing my posting now during the month of November!
Best wishes
Anna
http://annasadornments.blogspot.com

Megryansmom said...

My girl MegRyan fakes an amazing orgasm LOL

Lola said...

"I'll have what she's having."

Nani said...

ONE OF MY FAVS! I can watch it a zillion times-

A Lil Enchanted said...

A great movie... one of my faves :)

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Frugal Vicki said...

I love this movie. It is such a been-there-done-that-know-someone-like-that-nostalgic show. I used to love the days of being sick when I curled up with a blanket and watched chick flicks all day long. Now I wipe other people's noses!