CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 20, 2009

Chick Flick Friday!



Remember when it seemed like every movie that Gwyneth Paltrow starred in she had an English accent? It had gotten to the point that people seemed to forget that she was American! She even spoofed that point (and herself) when hosting Saturday Night Live one time. It was quite funny! But my favorite of her British movies was "Emma".

Paltrow plays the lead, Emma, who fancies herself as cupid. The only problem is that she is really, really bad at it! She's constantly misreading people's feelings and it ends up being quite entertaining.

Based on the Jane Austin novel, I found myself wanting to watch this one over and over and I am not a huge fan of Jane Austin! A fun fact about this particular story is that it actually inspired the teen movie "Clueless" - which is another fun movie to watch!

Anyway, Gwyneth Paltrow is wonderful in this role and Jeremy Northan makes a wonderful Mr. Knightley. If you are a fan of Jane Austin (or not) and just want a nice classical romantic comedy, this one is a great choice. Enjoy!

Today's Examiner.com article is on grade levels with homeschoolers. To read it, click HERE. Thanks!

5 comments:

hitesh rawat said...

haven't seen this one.....think will check this weekend.....\,,,/

Tanyia said...

I have not seen this one at all. I do love her movies usually though!

Sherri @ Luv a Bargain said...

I haven't seen this one ether.

Frugal Vicki said...

I haven't seen this one. I would like to say I will watch it soon....but I am so busy who am I kidding. Maybe I should start a notebook of things I want to do when the kids get older and I get some sort of routine in writing!

Momfever said...

You make me want to watch this movie! It sounds lovely.