CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 13, 2009

Chick Flick Friday!





I told you I love Matthew McConaughey in the romantic comedy because here he is again! "Failure to Launch" is a personal favorite of mine because in our family, we actually HAVE a guy like this and we just laugh and laugh about it.

A guy like what? you ask. A guy who still lives at home with his parents because he is too lazy to move out and fend for himself. Mom cooks and cleans for him and although he is successful and gainfully employed, he just won't move out! That is our Matthew McConaghey character, Tripp.

Enter Tripp's parents who are tired of having him still living at home. They enlist the help of Paula (played by Sarah Jessica Parker) who makes a career out of pushing the baby birds of the world, like Tripp, out of the nest.

It's a total battle of wills on all accounts that will have you laughing out loud. Again, this movie has an amazing supporting cast that just enhance the storyline between Tripp and Paula.

For those of you who have ever known a man who just won't leave the nest, you are sure going to appreciate this movie. Lighthearted and funny, it's a bit predictable but still entertaining.

*Today's Examiner.com article is on the National Homeschool Honor Society. You can read it HERE. Thanks!*


9 comments:

PJ said...

i really like matthew also and this is a good chick flick!

have a great day stace...hugz!

Anne said...

I haven't seen it but it sounds like a lot of fun. I will have to check it out.

Primgirl said...

this movie is the best,and Matthew...yeah,his last movie is also so cute....

Femmepower said...

Aww i love Matthew!I have a younger brother who's so like the character Tripp.I'm gonna ask him to watch this flick,hmmm. =)

Windie said...

Stacey I Love this movie!!! What a great pick.

jenn said...

I thought this movie was good, but I am not a big SJP fan. Love matthew, though...

FishHawk said...

Dear Stacey, My wife really, REALLY wanted to see this flick because of Terry Bradshaw showing more of himself on camera than he normally does. Should I be upset, or was it nothing much to see?

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Haven't seen this yet - looks like one I might like! I took your adorable "Chick Flick Friday" thingy and did a post yesterday - didn't know if this was a new meme or not??! But love the idea!!

Frugal Vicki said...

Matthew is my fav. I love him. He is awesome.
And I love this movie. Not QUITE as much as how to loose a guy in ten days, but close!