CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 6, 2009

Chick Flick Friday


So this is something new for me - I'm creating something that can be a weekly installment. We'll see if I can make it last! If any of you are crafty and know how to make a badge of some sort that is cute (I'm thinking a chick holding a DVD or something of the sort) I would appreciate the help!

I am a fan of chick-flicks. I LOVE to just sit and either watch them with the girls or when I am home alone with a tray of snacks. Snacks that will from now-on be of the low-fat/low-cholesterol variety. Blech. So I was going through my selection and for our first installment of chick-flick's I have chosen "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" starring Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey. Oh, how I LOVE this movie.

Kate Hudson stars as a magazine columnist who does "How to..." types of articles and after watching a friend go through a break up, she decides to write an article on how to lose a guy by doing all of the things that can make guys break up with you. She is absolutely HYSTERICAL in this because let's face it ladies, we've all done SOME of these things.

Matthew McConaughey (who I adore in the romantic comedy genre) is a competitive ad man who gets himself involved in a bet to land a bid advertising campaign. The bet? To make a woman fall in love with him...in ten days.

So both of these characters go in to this relationship based on a lie and it is hysterical the lengths that she will go to in order to make him break up with her and how much he is willing to take in order to keep her around long enough to fall in love!

The casting is great, the supporting cast is hysterical and it's not so far-fetched of a story-line that you can't get past it and enjoy the movie. Break out the popcorn, sit back and enjoy. You won't be able to listen to "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon the same way again!

*Today's Examiner.com article is on the homeschooling law here in North Carolina. You can read it HERE. Thanks!*

7 comments:

Sherri @ Luv a Bargain said...

I love that movie:) Of course I call Matthew McConaughey is good eye candy. I just watched "The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" a couple of weeks ago and that was a great one too.

PJ said...

that is a great chick flick, good pick! i can make you a little button if you would like. would you like it to be 125 x 125 or bigger? just let me know the size and i can get that done for you today.

hugz!

A.Marie said...

Cool Idea for a weekly installment. I don't watch many chick flicks, but I have been dying to watch this. Maybe this winter, when I have nothing to do, I'll be able to sit and watch some movies! :)

jenn said...

I love Kate Hudson. Her movies are always funny.

Clara said...

Sounds like a great movie! I'll have to watch it. And a great feature, too. I'll look forward to it.

I can just see a badge for this feature, but I don't have to tools to make it. How about a couple stacks of DVDs and a few baby chicks running around? Or was that not the kind of chick you were thinking of?

A Lil Enchanted said...

Sounds like a fun movie... I'll have to try to find it on cable :)

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Frugal Vicki said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie. It is actually one of the few chick flicks that my husband will sit down and watch beginning to end with me, too! I will join you, in the times I get to watch something other than a children's movie!