CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm at the End of my Rope with Entrecard...

I'll admit, the traffic has been nice. Just not overwhelming or terrific. I've met some great people through blogs that I would not have otherwise found. But honestly, the amount of time that it is taking to get through the clicking each day is slowly sucking my will to live.

Lately it seems like it just takes forever to get through the 300 clicks and during that time more than half of the blogs have not been updated in a while, some go to a redirect site so fast that I cannot even get back to who I wanted to see, some sites take FOREVER to load and you know what? I'm just not that in to it! Some people don't mind sitting at the computer steaming with frustration. I do. I sit at my computer a lot now that I am doing the freelance writing thing. But the time that it takes to get through EC some days just cuts away too much time because not only IS it slow, but it slows down everything else that I am trying to do!

I know that it is technically free advertising, but my time is worth way more than this. The other thing that has me steamed is that I am "Deeply committed - Deadly Serious - A Drop Master". A drop MASTER. Master! I mean, I don't just take it seriously, I am a step above that. It really says that on my profile! Has that helped me in any way, shape or form? No. I leave comments all over the place. Has that helped me any? No. My popularity really hasn't changed nor has my placement on where I am on EC. So why in the world am I spending time on this? Like I said, sure, it has brought me some traffic but not enough to the point where I'm like "WOW!" My google rank hasn't improved because of it so basically I am just tired of the whole thing. If I have to load someone's page three times to get it to actually LOAD and so I can see the EC box, I'm done. I don't need it.

I'm giving myself to the end of the month before making a final decision but I know where I am leaning.

Today's Examiner.com article is on "Homeschooling on the go". Click HERE to read.

9 comments:

Sherri @ Luv a Bargain said...

I couldn't have said it better. I have had to really do some thinking about EC lately. I have added all of my fav's to my blogroll and read those faithfully (you included:)) because I look forward to them. But I have not been dropping the 300 daily because of the time it does take. Maybe I am reading them too thoroughly or something but it still takes longer than I have in my day to dedicate to that. I spend a lot of time researching for my blog each day too. I'm trying to remember my goal, which is to build relationships with fellow bloggers instead of just speed dropping. It's hard to balance it all, isn't it?

jenn said...

I have seen a big improvement in my alexa rating, and it really helps my real rank, which has to do with the paid posting I do. As you know, I drop at midnight, and it takes from 45 minutes to an hour. Then when I have time during the day, I go back to my favorites and read and comment. If I drop during the day, it takes three times as long, and I don't know why.

Megryansmom said...

I'm thinking of dropping EC also, but what to do with all those credits?

A Lil Enchanted said...

Hi Stace... I know exactly what you're saying. I haven't dropped 300 in weeks... and you know what?... it's not bothering me. I added a new blog roll to my blog and I visit as many of my favorite blogs as I can in each day and drop on the ones who have an EC. I also do my 50 Adgitize clicks and drop EC on those as well... a lot of these over lap with both EC and Adgitize and favs. When I'm finished with my Adgitize drops... and have visited as many of my favs as I can fit in I'm done.

I was just stressing waaay too much over the drops and it was taking up way too much of my day. I'm enjoying the blog world much more now that I'm not stressing anymore :)

So maybe if you made a blog roll of your favorites and visit them and drop there first... then if you have time do some additional drops... if you don't... don't stress over it... just enjoy blogging.

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

dddiva said...

I've been having those same thoughts- really, my pr dropped and I think it is because of how fast it gets clicked through.
Oh well.

Becki said...

I hear ya, but I'd miss ya too!

I personally only drop a hundred or so a day, but my drops inbox is honestly how I keep track of the blogs I usually read...

Mom said...

You can always just let your card sit in the Entrecard system without doing your drops. You'll still earn credits through advertising and you'll still get trickles of traffic.

If you're burned out, it's best to take some time off.

- Marybeth I. said...

I only do most of my clicking on weekends. I work full time, have three kids, a husband who works nights - it just is not possible for me to click everyday....

Frugal Vicki said...

I like to look on there now and again to see new blogs or one's I may not have seen before, but I just added my fav's to a blogroll to remember to see them all the time. I have a huge bounce rate because of it, too. I think people who are just doing it to get site views are kind of ruining the whole purpose behind it.