CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

You Cheer Me Up Award

The lovely Miss LaShan over at A Lil Enchanted sent me this a while ago and I apologize for it taking so long to put up! It made me so happy when I got it!!! You all KNOW that I LOVE getting awards. This one was pretty cool because I had never seen it before. It was created by a fellow blogger named Annie. It's very special to her... and it has a wonderful story behind it. You can read all about it on her blog A Nice Place In The Sun. She is very sweet and has a wonderful blog and great sense of humor... and she loves Lucy! So do go over and read all about it in her own words. Here is a lil more about the award....(by Annie) "The bloggers nominated for the You Cheer Me Up Award are among the best in the blogosphere. Maybe, it's due to the fact that there are so many people communicating in one place, but I'm impressed by the character of so many of the people I've met since I've been blogging.

Therefore, I want to nominate blogger's who are brave enough to open their heart, strong enough to be kind, right enough to care about others, and funny enough to make us laugh.

A person with a combination of those characteristics, would be brave, strong, caring, and kind, with an open heart, and a great sense of humor.

In addition to good character, You Cheer Me Up Award winners are also among the things I hold in the highest regard, such as Charlotte, from Charlotte's Web, a box of Peanut Butter Panic Ice Cream, the image above of Lucy and Ethel, and of course, children, animals, and books, says Annie. As for me, Stace, I would like to add the book "Happiness is a Warm Puppy" by Charles Schultz, a pint of Hagen Dazs Chocolate Chocolate Chip ice cream, and the love of my husband.

I wish I was in the position to give an award to Lucy and Ethel for the whole idea of them on the job at the Candy Company - trying to eat candy as fast as the conveyor belt delivered it...but that dream is simply out of the question...

For that matter, so is the opportunity to award E.B.White, the author of Charlotte's Web, and many other writers, directors, poets, painters, and photographers, who contributed so much to my life, my character, and my choices...

However, I can pass this Award to the blogger’s who make me laugh until my face hurts, and the blogger’s whose writing voice comforts me when I'm feeling lost, teaches me about others, and inspires me to move forward... That I can do...

The plan was to insert a video from "I Love Lucy" here, but blogger just is not cooperating. But for those of you who know and love "I Love Lucy", you remember the candy factory scene...remember it and smile.





Pyzam Glitter Text Maker



7 comments:

A.Marie said...

That a great post! I'm going to go and read Annie's blog! :)

Grampy said...

Congratulations. I got it from Ann and also from LaShan. It is a great award.

Vicki said...

Congrats! That is such a sweet award!

Theresa said...

Congratulations on a well-deserved award!

Nani said...

congrats! and I do LOVE LUCY! Could watch it again and again-

Whiney Momma said...

Congrats! You definitely deserve it!

Sherry at EX Marks the Spot said...

I remember the candy scene, the doughnuts, the wine-making/grape-stomping -- and so many others. Oh, what a wonderful show!

Congratulations!