CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Have You Ever Noticed That...

You know, there are certain TV shows or movies that I can watch over and over and over again and never get tired of. In the movie category, my top 5-never-gets -old are:
1. When Harry Met Sally (the cab scene cracks me up every time!)
2. Scrooged (Bill Murray wandering the streets talking to himself? Priceless!)
3. Young Frankenstein (Wasn't that hump...?)
4. Galaxy Quest (Oh, that's not right!)
5. Murder by Death (Two-two-Twain's House!)

If I could, I'd be staying up all night right now watching them all in marathon form. In the television department, I am a sitcom girl. The top 5 there are:
1. Friends
2. Just Shoot Me
3. The Nanny
4. The Odd Couple
5. Wings

You'll notice that none of these are on the air anymore so when I find them in re-runs, it's very exciting. To be honest, we own all ten seasons of Friends on DVD and it's nice to just pop them in once in a while and get my "fix".

My teenage son has found a show that he now can watch over and over and over and he is slowly sucking my will to live. We normally agree on all things TV. We can plop down together and laugh ourselves silly to anything together. But his latest obsession is "Seinfeld". Don't get me wrong, it is a funny show. It just that...well, it just kind of grates on my nerves after a very short time. It was funny-okay to me when it was on the air, and there are maybe a handful of episodes that I still crack up over, but for the most part, I'm done with it. Nick is borrowing a season or two at a time from a friend and every time I turn around, there it is. I'll be in the kitchen and BAM! there's the theme song. I'm walking through the dining room and BAM! "Have you ever noticed that...?" On and on and on it goes!

I can't wait for him to get through all of the seasons and be done with it. Just another reason why being at home sucks!

Pyzam Glitter Text Maker



4 comments:

jenn said...

I have girls that love all things hannah montanna/HSM/hairspray/wizards of waverly place...the list goes on and on...anything on the disney channel. Luckily for them, I am a big kid, and like it all, too. Except the Hannah montanna...I really have to be a good mood to sit through those.

My fav movies...27 dresses, 40 year old virgin, and the princess bride. Oh, and the sound of music. Oh, and music and lyrics.

In fact, there are quite a few movies/shows I can watch over and over. Maybe I need to turn the television off every now and then. :)

A.Marie said...

Your son's obsession with Seinfeld sounds like my daughter's obsession with Sound of Music! LOL

I absolutely love watching The Nanny re-runs, and so does my teen son. My hubby can't understand why we find it so funny....I guess you just have to have a nanny-ish kind of humor! (I was a nanny, actually, for a year before I got married!) But, the family I was a nanny for did not have a butler! :)

Nani said...

Love!!! When Harry Met Sally - one of my favs too! I could also watch The Nanny, The Odd Couple and throw in there Mary Tyler Moore, Fraiser, Everybody Loves Raymond & I Love Lucy!

A Lil Enchanted said...

Oh my gosh... don't get me started... my husband loves to watch reruns of old sitcoms that I have seen a million times. You see he's 12 years younger than me... and his Mom didn't let him watch much tv... so now he watches all of these shows I watched a million times growing up... but the man hates movies... he will not sit down and watch a movie.

His obsession for a couple of years now has been The Rockford Files... he's even on a yahoo group for that show!lol... can you believe a group for The Rockford Files???

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~