CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mmmm...tasty snack review


I am a snacker. I am not picky about what I snack on, it just has to be yummy. The list is endless there, right? Sometimes I want chocolate - either in cake, candy or ice cream form, other times I might crave something crunchy like chips and dip or salsa (dips are a good thing!), and other times I go a little more bland with the need for a good cracker.

Well, while trying to lose weight, snacking options become hard to find. There are tons of low fat stuff out there but most of them don't taste very good. So I kind of felt like I lucked out when I found these Wheat Thin Toasted Chips in Garden Valley Veggie Flavor. OMG!!! I LOVE these things. They are crunchy and flavorful and well...just plain delicious.

After fighting Michael over the first bag, I had to go out for a second one and decided that I needed to do something to make these things last longer. What to do...what to do...DIP! I needed some sort of topping for them. I was thinking of some sort of cheese topping but couldn't find one that thrilled me. So I walked around the local supermarket in search of a topping and happened upon the cream cheese section and what do I find but Philadelphia cream cheese with Spinach and Artichokes!

O...
M...
G...

That's right, friends, snack perfection. Michael, of course, loves it too and so I've had to "monitor" his snack in take so that there is SOMETHING left for me. Man, can that boy eat!!

So if you're bored with your usual snacks, give these a try. And give me a call...I'll bring the beverage!

11 comments:

Nani said...

hubby and i luv crackers and cream cheese! i get upset w/him sometimes because he ate the cream cheese and I needed it for a recipe..

Mrs4444 said...

I do love them, but I'm sure the salt content is insanely high.

Grampy said...

Well I am a ice cream freak. Forget about losing weight.

Anne said...

That sounds yummy. I will have to check it out.

djtammy said...

crackers is perfect during DVD time..hehehe

making me hungry and want to have a snack now...

Christy said...

Oooh, that sounds yummy. I've tried the Ritz Toasted Chips in Dairyland Cheddar and they're really good, too. Actually sounds a little better than the mandarin oranges I'm eating right now.

Poetic Shutterbug said...

Ok, I am going to have to try those. When I snack I have to have something to crunch on and it's hard to find anything that is semi healthy that doesn't taste like cardboard. Thanks for the tip.

Petula said...

You're funny! I just wrote salsa on my shopping list (along with nacho chips) 'cause I am feeling like a little guilty snack pleasure. :)

Shelly said...

I saw those in the store the other day. We love wheat thins so I thought they may be good. The spinach and artichoke cream cheese I have NOT seen but I will definitely keep a look out, sounds yummy!

A.Marie said...

Yum Yum....Even though it is only 8:15a.m., I am craving crackers with cheese! :)

Tiff said...

Mmmm... You are making me contimplate a late night run to WalMart.... hmm...

Sounds yummy... Definately will try.

Thanks for sharing