CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Movie Review: "The Proposal"


I just got back from a much needed girls night. It had been a month since the last one and we were over-due! We did dinner at the Outback and then went to see Sandra Bullock's new movie, "The Proposal".

We had seen the coming attractions for this movie the last time we went to the movies together and decided then and there that we were going to go and see this. You know the deal, the coming attractions always look great and sometimes you luck out and see a great movie, other times you see a bomb.

We lucked out tonight. "The Proposal" was a very good, very funny movie. I am a Sandra Bullock fan, all the way back from "Speed" but I truly enjoy her most in the romantic comedy role. She did not disappoint in this role.

Bullock plays uptight, publishing executive Margaret Tate. Ryan Reynolds was wonderful as her fairly dry-witted assistant, Andrew, who is sort of blackmailed in to marrying Sandra Bullock's character to save her from being deported back to Canada.

In order to pull off their farce of a relationship, they go to Alaska where Andrew's family has gathered for his grandmother's 90th birthday. "Gammy" is played by Betty White who I have loved since "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" way back when! The story-line is fairly predictable - the mismatched couple has to stumble through pretending to be a couple and find out that they truly do love each other. No big surprises but the secondary characters just bring so much laughter to this movie that you can almost forget that you know what is going to happen.

When we arrived at the theater, there were only women in there - clearly having girls nights of their own! This is a great, fairly clean, fun movie. If anyone is planning a night out with the girls, I highly recommend this one.

Oh, and incidentally, in the coming attractions tonight there was a preview for yet ANOTHER Sandra Bullock movie that is coming out in the Fall that we all agreed that we would go and see!

7 comments:

Enchie said...

I love everything about Sandra. I wish they show this movie here in the Philippines soon. :) I miss the gal!

Dorothy L said...

My daughter just saw this and she said it was the most hilarious movie she has seen to date and she loves funny movies:)
I have not yet had the pleasure!

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

I went with 2 girlfriends last week and we all loved it and laughed almost the entire movie ~ EXCELLENT chick flick we thought!!

Stacie's Madness said...

I went to see this this weekend as well...and I love Sandra Bullock too, it was a predictable but very fun movie!

Blasé said...

I'll have to see if it's better than 'Failure to Launch'

KAT said...

My friend and I saw this too on a girls nite out, and we loved it too!!

It was so fun and light, and I literally laughed out loud A LOT!!!

I am glad we went to see it, and would recommend it to all!!

Thanks

Dena said...

oh my goodness, i've already seen it twice. so good! :o)